Aired on Jan 26, 2011.
Hosted by Irene Neequaye, Michael Parker & Alexis Davis
Produced by John Daniels
Student Television (STV) - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Irene and Alexis open up the show at the 10th annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service event, one of the many events during the Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Week celebration.
- We grab a quick interview with Bo Nebolisa and Fred Jones who are members of the Mu Zeta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The fraternity participated in the Day of Service.
- Crew member Marcus Howard comes from behind the camera and interviews Marquise Hudson, the current president of Carolina R.O.C.T.S., the organization that puts on the annual Day of Service event.
- Michael arrives and interviews MLK Coordinators Lisle Bull and Kirstin Garriss on what they are most excited about with the Day of Service and MLK week as a whole. They also discuss what they expect for the future of the week as they are both graduating seniors.
- Irene interviews Mariah Street, the new MLK Celebration Coordinator for the 2011-2012 school year, on her expectations for the program in the future.
- The hosts go over the entire week of events. Footage is shown from the Black Student Movement's, "I, Too, Sing America". We hear a statement from Anthony McClenny, a performance by Harmonyx and Okwae Miller and spoken word by EROT member Herrison Chicas.
To learn more about UNC's annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Celebration Week visit unc.edu/diversity/mlk
Created by Shwanda Jones - UNC '10
All crew listed at end credits